[Slowhand] 1st EC related album thread

Dale.Kalina at rrd.com Dale.Kalina at rrd.com
Fri Jul 7 13:42:43 EDT 2006

My first EC LP was Disraeli Gears bought shortly after its release, played
on a crummy phonograph with bad speakers and a needle like a safety pin,
but the music still sounded good. On second thought, I guess I did order a
Yardbirds Greatest Hits LP before that that I was disappointed in because
there were so many "hits" that I wasn't familiar with at the time.

My wife's first LP was Layla. She had heard several songs that someone
else in her college dorm had that she liked, so went to a record store to
purchase the same album, not knowing the title or artist. After purchasing
Layla, which she ended up enjoying, she discovered that the record she had
heard and had wanted to purchase was, in fact, Dave Mason's Alone Together
album. It remains a standing joke that whenever we hear a Mason song, I
kid her about D&D, or vice versa.

Dale