[Slowhand] Lady of Verona - A Undiscovered Masterpiece ???????????

Dave Langley david_langley at btconnect.com
Sun Jul 9 04:20:30 EDT 2006

It was interesting to read SD Issue 284 that talked about this undiscovered masterpiece that Collectors Clapton aficionados describe it as a lost masterpiece.

Well it has not been that lost as you will find it was out of two bootlegs many years ago which you will find on many EC Trade Lists. The two bootlegs are

WHY NOT Label: Further on Up The Crossroads - CD 4 Track 3: 4.48m

ARMS Label: August Outtakes & Different Mixes Volume 1. Track 1: 5m 04s.

Both copies are excellent sound boards and I would suggest much better in terms of sound that a chewed up tape found at the bottom of the ladies handbag will deliver.

The sound is typical of the whole August album which is where the track was originally destined for until EC spilt with lady in question.

I am sure there are many true masterpieces out there yet to be discovered and releases but sadly the Lady Of Verona is not one of them.

Regards

Dave