[Slowhand] Re: Bluesbreakers

Scott Peterson avalanchescott at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 08:04:57 EDT 2006

1) Does anyone know where to find Billy Altman's liner notes to the Beano
album? My recollection was that they were outstanding, but my vinyl's no
longer accessible.

2) Does anyone know the genesis of the "Day Tripper" quote in "What'd I
Say"? I've always loved that bit, but it seems somewhat incongruous given
what purists Mayall and, at that time, Clapton are/were thought of. My
knowledge of Mayall is pretty spotty, however, so was adding a bit of recent
pop hit not as out-of-line for him as it might seem at first glance? Or is
it something to which he only acquiesced because EC wanted it?

Best,

Scott Peterson
AvalancheScott at earthlink.net
http://scottpeterson.typepad.com/