[Slowhand] Re: Bluesbreakers

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 12:34:02 EDT 2006

Scott.........I agree that they were blues purists, but Clapton was a
fan of the Beatles........in Roberty's "Complete Sessions" EC says of
"Beano", "It was a record of what we were doing every night in the
clubs, with a few contrived riffs we made up kind of as afterthoughts,
to fill out some of the things....." It's not uncommon for club bands to
throw in a familiar riff from a current hit, to get the fans
going.........since Beano was recorded at the height of Day Trippers
popularity it would seem a natural thing to do................my

--
"...I love the tip, I love the top,
I love you better than a hog loves slop