[Slowhand] EC learning his chops

Joe Toomey joetoomey at eircom.net
Thu Jul 13 17:03:11 EDT 2006

Garret
The apparent change In EC you're referring to between Yardbirds and Beano
may well be accounted for by the fact that our boy was apparently
'wood-shedding' extensively with Mayall's (unique at the time and probably
would be still if it was around) blues collection. I think Delta Nick
referred to this in a previous post. I don't want to dispute what Tone has
pointed out until I've had a chance to re-listen to his Yardbirds output but
IMHO I think the Mayall era is where we hear the real deal for the first
time.
On an aside it reminds me of the story about Robert Johnson's supposed
change from being a player of average ability to one like a force of nature.

Joe