[Slowhand] Cream is dead (?)

JP Hansen jp at hansen.net.nz
Fri Jul 14 07:58:51 EDT 2006

Well, according to this report anyway.

http://www.pr-inside.com/baker-no-more-cream-reunions-r10817.htm

Ahhh. Just like the old days! :-)

___________________

Legendary drummer GINGER BAKER insists he will never agree to another
reunion of 1960s supergroup CREAM, because he can't stand to be the
same stage as frontman JACK BRUCE.
The SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE star insists Bruce has a split personality,
and has dubbed his personas DR JEKYLL and MR HYDE after the famous
book by ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON.
Baker was thrilled to take to the stage with Bruce and guitarist ERIC
CLAPTON last year (05) in London, because it felt like a return to
their heyday, but subsequent shows in New York City proved less
enjoyable thanks to Bruce's behaviour.
He says, "When he's Dr Jekyll, he's fine... it's when he's Mr Hyde
that he's not.
"I tell you this - there won't ever be anymore Cream gigs because he
did Mr Hyde in New York last year.
"He shouted at me on stage and turned up his bass so loud that he
deafened me on the first gig. That was the end.
"The Albert Hall gig was like 1966 - wonderful. And the first night
in New York, Jack became Mr Hyde. He sort of took over, and he played
so loud it was ridiculous."

Funny that's the only site reporting it, but can't say the article
surprises me any...

The real tragedy is there will now be no chance of a BBM reunion. :-P

JP