[Slowhand] Favorite Mistake?

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 16 15:26:32 EDT 2006

Okay, I need some help with a popular rumor; whereas like most, if repeated a sufficient number of times, they become "true" as a matter of course. On the weekend of Independence Day here in the states, "Irish-Greg," a radio DJ filling in for Dave Morey on SF's KFOG stated that SCrow's song referred to Clapton. I researched a bit, and all that I could find was a statement from Crow that she wouldn't say who it is about and that she doesn' t kissntell, and she made an allusion to "You're so Vain."

It doesn't seem likely that Sheryl Crow would have performed "Favorite Mistake" on the Crossroads benefit concert, "EC and Friends" with Eric playing guitar. THAT would have been very "uncool", BUT do we have any hard evidence to substantiate that Eric was NOT the inspiration?

Mel