[Slowhand] Re: The Peak Periods

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Wed Jul 19 05:55:32 EDT 2006

Referring to the Roger Waters tour: >>> Great, edgy and agressive but melodic solos flowed from his hands and the guitar sound was very beano. <<<

Yes, I've heard others refer to this. Pete Townshend, for example said something like, "God has returned." But I've heard several recorded performances from the Roger Waters tour, and it was NOTHING like these descriptions at all, and pretty much the way I described.

>>> the music is about as bad as it gets, sort of "glam rock," like David Bowie <<<

>> Well, the first 70 minutes of the Roger Water's gig was classic Pink Floyd songs with Clapton's guitar, if that music is "as bad as it gets" then I'm sure we have very different musical tastes and I'm very happy with mine :) <<

I was never into Pink Floyd and wouldn't recognize most of their repertoire. However, whatever was on the discs I heard -- "Thanks For The Ride," maybe some others -- reminded me of the David Bowie stuff I've heard on the radio: very plodding, overly dramatic, and not very musical. It sounded as if there were a drama or play being conducted on stage, and I was just listening to the soundtrack.

DeltaNick