[Slowhand] Re: EC May Concerts - Disc 2 - Trader Inquiry

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 13:48:38 EDT 2006

On 6/19 I made an offer on the SD offering a DVD of EC's May 2006
Concerts. In response to that post, Daniel Shearon posted a message
saying he had been considering doing the same. He offered a different
lineup of May shows and labeled his set Disc 2.

On 6/20, Daniel and I agreed to swap discs as well. I sent him my Disc 1
and waited to receive Disc 2 from him. On 7/7, since I had not received
Disc 2 or heard a peep from Daniel, I e-mailed him asking him about Disc
2 and also asking to confirm his receipt of Disc 1. He replied that he
had, indeed, already received Disc 1 and apologized saying that he had,
had some difficulty in obtaining blank DVD media. He stated that he now
had the media and hoped to mail out the DVDs that weekend.

13 days later, on 7/20 - STILL NO DISCS - and I sent another e-mail
inquiring as to his progress in mailing out the DVDs. If this were an
international trade, I would allow significantly more time, but it's now
34 days since we made the deal and mail and customs are not an issue.
Since I haven't even received the courtesy of a reply, I am asking the
other SD members who were supposed to receive a copy of Disc 2 if they
have received their copies.

I am well aware that life has a way of intruding on our pastimes, but
that can easily be addressed through a brief e-mail explaining the
situation............if you don't hear from a trading partner, you can't
help but begin to wonder if you've been had and been taken in by a bad
trader..........I certainly hope that is not the case, in this

--
"The true danger is, when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients,
and by parts" ..................Edmund Burke