[Slowhand] Clapton torrent on Dime

bluesman13 bluesman13 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 15:47:47 EDT 2006

"So what" you may be saying, another Clapton torrent
on Dime? Well, point taken, but this is a little bit
different.

This is from the 461 Ocean Blvd tour, and on the last
couple of songs, features guest Freddie King. It was
just about this time that Clapton had King sign on to
RSO Records, and release three albums: "Burglar",
"Larger than Life", and the retrospective "Freddie
King 1934-1976", which contained a live version of
"Further on Up the Road" from a Clapton concert with
King as a guest. Clapton's band at this time also
backed up King on the songs on side 2 of the disc.
"Larger than Life" contains on of my favorite King
arrangments "Ain't that I Don't Love You". Clapton was
highly influenced by Kings' playing, recording his
verison of King's Hideaway on the Beano album.

I'm not sure how many dates on this tour King was a
guest, but it's at least two, this torrent and the
King album mentioned above. Maybe someone else knows
this?

Interestingly, of the three famous "Kings" of the
blues, Albert, Freddie and BB, only BB's surname was
given at birth. Albert was born Albert Nelson, and
even though he claimed to be a blood relative of BB,
BB denies it. And Freddie, born Frederick Christian in
1934 (his mother was Ella May King).

Here's the link:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=105125&hit=1

Here's the info:

Eric Clapton - Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, New
Jersey July 7th
1974, with Special Guest Freddie King.

461 Ocean Boulevard U.S.A. Tour (1st leg).

Band Line - up :

Eric Clapton - Guitar, Vocals
Jamie Oldaker - Drums
Dick Sims - Keyboards
Carl Radle - Bass
George Terry - Guitar
Yvonne Elliman - Backing Vocals
*with Special Guest Freddie King

Disc One :

1. Intro
2. Smile (Acoustic) >
3. Let it grow (Acoustic)
4. Let it rain
5. Band Intro >
6. Key to the highway
7. Willie and the hand jive > Get ready Presence of
the Lord

Disc Two :

1. Presence of the Lord > Badge (POTL fades in on the
last note of get
ready)
2. Tell the truth *
3. Have you ever loved a woman * (FK on vocals)
4. Little queenie *

Encores :

5. Crossroads > Hi-heel sneakers > Crossroads
6. Crowd

Pretty good audience recording, just miss some basses,
really nice
show.

First generation cassette (nack) > behringer ultra
curve pro deq 2496
audio equalizer > amplifiers > tascam audio cdrw750 >
cd > computer >
plex tool professional XL > wav > flac.

Transfered, remastered & uploaded by 38f on Dime 2006.