[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 7, Issue 337

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:14:26 EDT 2006

Interesting take. I guess you appreciate things like that when heard in a
different light. I always thought Clapton's best period as a songwriter was
during the Pilgrim sessions/album and of course his work on the Layla album
is great too.

I think it takes EC hard work and true inspiration to get through writing
songs and composing, like guitar playing is to most artists, it's a
laborious process and not in his natural genius to just pen songs like
there's no tomrorow. I think we're seeing the deterioration of this in him,
as evidenced in the time it took to release back home.

But good points, I thnk EC is underrated in terms of composing, but that'
sonly cause he's been around forever and there is bad than good, some might
say. but the good is better than many's best.

aap