[Slowhand] Re: EC composer

Nirmal Moodley nmoodley at lg0331.kzntl.gov.za
Fri Aug 18 05:03:36 EDT 2006

"I love it when the two (MK and EC) play together as their styles compliment
so well rather than compete. What do you think?"

You took the words right out of my mouth.....I would love to hear them play
acoustics together

Given all that, I still prefer EC hands down. Something about his music just
speaks to me in a way that I could never do justice to, were I so foolish as
to try to describe it.

Mel Boss wrote:

Hi Tony,
I read your SH thread about EC as a composer, and I don't disagree. He
certainly continues to reinvent or breathe new life into old songs. Sherriff
certainly gets better and better. ABout the time of the holidays, a SHdr
friend from Mlps sent me a DVD with about a hundred MK songs on it in mp3
format. It was a lot of "odd stuff" that I had not heard much about - movie
soundtracks and screen plays. Some he co-wrote with Guy Fletcher, another
amazing talent. Included, also, were a couple live boots and Notting HBs
rarities. It took me a while to get to it as the disc only plays on our DVD
player and our computer - but we are simply amazed at the volume and
diversity of this man's work. The composing is undenyably superb. My
appreciation of MK's talents increased many times over when I started to pay
closer attention to his lyrics about 5 yrs ago, which are kindly included
with each "album." I consider him one of the most prolific and talented
musicians and songwriters in the business - now or ever. For guitarmanship,
EC is still 'god' in my book, but MK does it for me in the composing and
lyrics departments, and we love his guitarmanship also. It's rather unique
in many ways and readily recognized in a crowd. I love it when the two (MK
and EC) play together as their styles compliment so well rather than
compete. What do you think?
ps. I think that I copy the SHd also as this may turn out to be an
interesting discussion, and maybe not everyone is tuned into MK's
lesser-known works and pearls.