[Slowhand] Hey Y'All

Mark Deavult mark at inna.net
Fri Sep 8 07:24:43 EDT 2006

I've been taken to task by some friends for not checking in more often
... I took a long sabbatical from music and trading (see my blog at
geetarz.org if you're into that sort of thing) and it was quite enjoyable.

I also got a great big belly laugh ... I was taken to task by a friend
who said I really should at least catch up and start reading the SD
again, and about the first thing I saw was this:

"The show is a good quality from a sound standpoint but has some flaws such
as fade-ins, gaps between all songs and occasional extra noise (audile
computer notification chime during Old Love)."

Now that ... is bloody flipping HILARIOUS. A year ago I would have
flipped out over this sort of thing.

But the new, user friendly, soft and cuddly Almighty Geetarz 2.0 won't
do that. In fact, I'll reintroduce myself to the group with a special
unreleased EC track that I know for a fact that NOBODY has besides me!!!
So here ya go Clapto-Maniacs:

http://www.geetarz.org/tunez/newsong.mp3

Now, I also heard from some friends that there was some discussion here
about why I wasn't participating. Well, I know the explanation "I needed
a break" is just too mundane for some folks in this world of ours so for
those who want something more, I present to you:

The Top Ten Reasons Why The Almighty Geetarz Took a Break From the
Slowhand Digest:

10) In training for world Air Guitar Championships.

9) Sold all my possessions and tried to join Scientology but then I
didn't have a couch to jump on so was not allowed in.

8) From the moment I heard of conception ... I vowed not to publish
again until I saw little baby Suri.

7) Diagnosed with WonderfulTonight-Itis and told to avoid all music for
one year by my physician.

6) Shocked and amazed to learn along with the residents of New Orleans
that the force of gravity does in fact force water to flow downhill.

5) Camp Counselor at Club Gitmo.

4) Received invitation to go hunting with Dick Cheney and have been in
hiding ever since.

3) In training to fill in for Keith Richards in case he tries to get
another coconut (yeah, and I still don't buy the story that he fell
trying to get a "library book" in his home a few years back)

2) Curtailed all electricity usage because of, ahem, "Global Warming".
Still feeling faint headed as I try to take shallow breaths so as not to
generate much CO2.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR MY ABSENCE:

1) Lost my will to live when Star Jones Reynolds was removed from "The
View.

Cheers,
AG