[Slowhand] Re: Lossy Vs Lossless AND Ticket prices in Oz

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 15 07:17:10 EDT 2006

All this stuff about lossy/lossless formats is getting silly. Most of the stuff out there is of dodgy quality anyway, even in the original, sure its nice then to get it as good as possible, but most of this stuff, be it recorded from in the audience or off FM radio or whatever, is not going to be 'sonically perfect' anyway. Besides which, how many of us listen to these recordings on our top of the range music systems anyway? I suspect that the majority of these are listened to on PC speakers, before being turned into MP3's and listened to either through cheap headphones or on a car stereo, so a little loss in quality will be hardly noticed.
Just my few pence worth.
Simon