[Slowhand] Soundfile of the Week

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 07:21:04 EDT 2006

Hello All,

Posted a new Sound File of the Week, in honor of EC's pending (if belated) return to Oz.

Now, it was not recorded down under. Interestingly, it was only *broadcast* down under, and no where else to my knowledge.

Even more interesting, I don't recall ever running across this material on any boot releases and for whatever reason it sort of fell through the cracks. This performance was recorded at the RAH run in 1990 for possible inclusion in the "24 Nights" project but never used. It features the 13 piece (with horns) band, and was broadcast on MTV (Australia) in 1990.

Check it out at:
http://www.geetarz.org/tunez/four-faces-oz-badlove-tearing.m4a

And more info at:
http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/four_faces_australian.htm

Enjoy!
Almoody One

(PS Art thanks for a wonderful post, were there more posts like yours I would check in more often! My favorite was when you crashed the Armani gig a number of years back ... that had me howling! <g>)