[Slowhand] Re: Carey and Tone's "Dialogue"

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 13:16:10 EDT 2006

I just loved the "dialogue" in Issue 370.......had me in stitches.
Regarding Dime, I agree with Carey, the uploaders are well intentioned,
but I also feel that they do have a responsibility to learn how to rip,
convert, and upload effectively. I've come across a few uploaders who
(and it's not just Clapton uploaders) have the attitude that it's for
free so be thankful for whatever you're getting. I won't download any of
their material, even if it's STERLING SBD QUALITY, because I don't want
to waste my time. Nothing is more frustrating than spending a day and a
half to download a supposedly great show only to delete a barely
listenable audience recording. Luckily for us, however, most of the DAD
community follow the standards set for DAD uploaders and provide as much
legitimate info about a show as possible. Then it's up to you to decide
whether you want to download the show or pass on it. So Tone, turn guilt
mode off and share freely, as long as you provide accurate descriptions
of the material. I appreciate it when someone says the sound is a
"little" oversaturated, or "the mic plug got pulled for the left channel
so I fed the right channel into it to compensate." Full disclosure means
informed decisions on my part so I won't have to waste my time
downloading crap.