[Slowhand] Re-http://www.ericclapton.ch/news3.php

Trevor trevork1 at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 27 07:27:22 EDT 2006

What a great new site, only wish I knew how to convert RAR files to MPEG or WMV....free...that is?

Some interesting questions were posed to EC in the News section of the web site.

: When you revisited your Cream days at the Royal Albert Hall in London earlier this year, I'm curious if you were in any way surprised by some of the songs as you came back to them after such a long period?

CLAPTON: Yeah. I mean, I had one song that I did three or four songs into the show, "Outside Woman Blues," which on the strength of listening to it again on record seemed pretty simple and straightforward. And the minute I started to rehearse it, I realized how much more work there was involved in being the Cream guitar player than in my normal outfit. And that was the same for the entire repertoire.

Q What spurred the Cream reunion?

CLAPTON: (pause) I think just a sense of well-being in myself. I felt it was time to be a little charitable.

Q: Charitable, in what way?

CLAPTON: In terms of friendship and healing up old wounds. I don't think, well, there was always an element of dissatisfaction with how it fell through (in 1968), and there was always a need to re-address that. We touched on it when we got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993). And I knew from that, that it was possible to approach it again, so I thought it was necessary.

Any comments?...Surely this was suggested at several posts on the Digest

Q: Was part of the attraction that it was just a few dates at the Royal Albert Hall, and not a huge tour with massive media attention?

CLAPTON: Yeah, we needed to feel our way along. I think we will do more.

R.A.H was awesome.....any comment...How old is this interview?

Q: Will there be a U.S. tour?

CLAPTON: I think we'll do some dates in New York this year

Well....They were in fact 2005 shows at M.S.G , but let's face it.....they may have had their moments ...good and somewhat indifferent, but what can we look forward to in the future?..... not much I feel, well listening to Ginger anyway, what you see is what you got. So make the best of it. Grab what you can!

Hope you guys enjoy the U.S tour dates and also that that E.C is not too knackered for the shows he has scheduled for here down under.

Al.E.Gator

In all a very entertaining Web Site.....Congratulations....Will check out this site again