[Slowhand] Re: EC - Legends - rehearsals prior to 1997 jazz festival tour

Art Arias artaarias at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 12:31:02 EDT 2006

Bryan wrote way back in Issue 351:

>>I recently came into a set of what purports to be

rehearsals of the
Legends
group, prior to their 1997 tour of jazz festivals in
Europe. These
supposedly took place at S.I.R. Rehearsals Studios in
Hollywood. To be
honest, these don't sound like rehearsals to me but
more like pretty
final
takes for an album that never happened.

Anyone know anything about this session?<<

This torrent is now a 6CD set from Mid Valley called
"Legends Flawless" that does include this rehersal
session as well as the North Sea Jazz Festival,
Statenhal, Den Haag (Netherlands), July 11, 1997 & the
Festival de Jazz de Vitoria-Gasteiz, Polideportivo de
Mendizorroza, Vitoria (Spain), July 17, 1997 live
shows. The first two CDs could well be polished studio
recordings meant for an album. "The problem is that
Roger Forrester (EC's manager at the time) was
mortally opposed to anything where Eric had to share
the billing with anyone else, and killed the album."