[Slowhand] Re: Labels on Discs - Bad

Steve McKellar mckells at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 9 17:16:15 EDT 2006

<<<<<
I thought that I would pass my (bad) experience on to the Digest
community... Can anyone offer an opinion (he asked innocently) as to
what the problem might be? Too much mass?
De-labeled and Disgruntled,
I put labels on some discs a few years ago and found when i went back to
them that alot had a bad problem with skipping. I copied the skipping discs
and then copied all of my labeled discs. I think the problem is moisture
gets
between the label and the disc and eats through to the metal or the glue
itself eats away to the metal. In any event i just use a sharpie to label my
stuff. My handwriting is atrocious but it'safer than losing some recordings
i might not be able to easily replace.

Steve McKellar