[Slowhand] ClaptonBoobs - A Swamp Meet Update

John Mills turbineltd at btconnect.com
Tue Oct 24 10:13:20 EDT 2006

It must be well over two years since certain voices on the Digest made
disparaging noises about the increasing amount of trading posts. This was
understandable for a discussion group, so the self-acclaimed Almighty
GitFarts started a Yahoo Group to better address the needs of would-be
traders.

Since that time, many new subscribers must have joined the Digest, whilst
several old ones have left! To those new folk that wish to share the
non-commercial music of Eric Clapton, you are cordially invited to join the
ClaptonBoots group at:

With the welcome return of the Gawd Almighty, the suppository for all things
Clapton-bootable is being rapidly brought up to date:
http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton

A Frequently Asked Questions, FAQ, document is available to address most
issues:
http://www.bluwiki.org/go/ClaptonBoots

As a primer in the best of Eric's live recordings, group members have
compiled a list of their favourites and new additions are most welcome:
http://bluwiki.org/go/Essential-eric-clapton

As a little exercise, three of us were sufficiently interested in the
bluesmen behind Eric's 1994 recording of "from the cradle" that we created
an illustrated collection of biographies:
http://www.bluwiki.org/go/FTC
We took this a little further, by seeking out those original recordings and
creating a disk by the original artists, which we have called "in the
cradle". Should anyone wish to know how to make their own, please contact me
off-list.

John