[Slowhand] Doyle / Whitlock

Jay Vargas joeyjay at att.net
Fri Oct 27 00:41:00 EDT 2006

>>>Did anyone notice young Derek Trucks does not sing? Not a peep, nada,

nothing.
not every guitarist sings, not every singer plays an instrument...but if
Doyle were not in the band, who would sing the harmonies on the DATD songs, or
"second" lead vocals?

Blond Rocker

"E",

Your point is well-noted from that standpoint. And you are right.

My ideal replacement for Tim and Doyle in this band would have been Bobby Whitlock.

Can you imagine how incredible that would have been for those D&D songs !!!

Bobby is not the world's greatest singer, but my gosh how wonderful he is paired with Eric !!! And his feel on organ would have been exactly what the songs needed.

And with all the ways is which Eric has been revisiting his past in recent years, to have the two indispensible members of D&D's sound together for a tour replete with D&D songs would have been nothing short of magical. Especially with the Duane-like guitarwork of Derek Trucks added into the mix. And with Chris, Willie and Steve as well.....whew !!!

That being said......no REAL complaints from this tour. I thought it has been incredible !!!

Jay