[Slowhand] Re: Steve Morse?

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 04:14:33 EST 2006

>Obviously you've never heard The Dixie Dregs and never heard the
man play guitar - absolutely amazing!

You're quite right Greg I haven't heard him, and it was quite mischievous of
me to dismiss him so. I always find it difficult to see the worth in
someone who will condescend to play lead guitar for bands like Deep Purple,
Black Sabbath etc. (quite unrealistic I know) Have you heard Snowy White?
That's the type of playing I associate with DP and BS, flashy but no
substance. If I get the chance I'll track down some Dixie Dregs. I've been
spoiled all my life with EC and his ilk.

I'm frequently reminded of what Groucho Marx said:

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member"

Stretching the above quote to its limits I see parallels with lead
guitarists and heavy metal bands.

Cheers

Tone