[Slowhand] The road to escondido available in italy today

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Mon Nov 6 09:29:03 EST 2006

Lia - thank you for your lovely review, and your English is very good.
Your descriptions are very poetic, maybe because English is a second (or
third) language. Much better than my Italian!

Fellow Slowhander,

Debby J.

________________________________

From: LIABARTOLOMEI [mailto:liabar at tin.it]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 5:21 PM
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
Subject: [Slowhand] The road to escondido available in italy today

Dear Slowhanders,

The new record is available from Nov 3rd in Italy

Here I am to give you my unprofessional CD review of The Road to
Escondido "a caldo" , on the spot.

Sorry for my poor English.

It is in my stereo playing right now

and it is really a juicy enjoyable work, played in a humble way but with
the energy and class of people that can make out of their instrument
whatever they want and do not care to show off anymore. if they want to
whisper with their guitar they do ; if they want to have fun and giggle
with their guitars they do and if they want you to start dreaming of
long sunny streets that take you far away from bothers they do and I am
just grateful to them for this positive record.

I 've also had fun in trying to spot Eric's playing among Mayer's Cale's
and his two young side guitar players.

I was surprised to see images of the Late Billly Preston. Inside the
cover leaf you can read he played Hammond on it. Does it mean some
tracks come from the period immediately following Crossroads guitar
festival days or what ?

This CD may sound too much the JJ Cale of the seventies as I read
somewhere

It may not

The only thing I know is I played it twice without skipping a single
track over;

"Hard to Thrill" number 8 track ,

made me get goose bumps at first hearing and listened to it again with
headphones to get it better under my skin.

The record shop owner was playing the Cd when I stepped inside his shop
.So I asked what the CD was like.

He said "E' bellissimo" It flows away by itself,

it just works

then he added " This CD is so much Cale. Clapton owns him all he is"

Yes, I thought, while paying, but if most of us are listening to Cale on
the other side of the Atlantic or better near the Mediterranean Sea is
probably well due to our guitar Archangel as Santana defined Eric in
Crossroads DVD recordings.....

Don't miss this CD.

Ciao

Lia

from Lucca

PS ANy pics from last 7th July gig to share with me?