[Slowhand] Blackie

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 12:18:01 EST 2006

"every historical detail is faithfully recreated for the Fender Custom
Shop Tribute

Series Eric Clapton BLACKIE® Stratocaster® Guitar. All the parts, pickups
and electronics are aged and matched to the original, unique specifications
of BLACKIE®."

---------

Does anyone have any close-up pictures (especially from the side of the body) of this CS "Blackie"??

I ask because from the pictures I have seen, there is one amazingly *glaring* error.

I won't mention what I've seen, yet, as it's possible that the photos used in the advertisements are from a prototype of the "Blackie" model and not from one of the production examples, but from having seen Blackie up close there was something that I found really quite jarring about the real thing (almost as jarring as finding out that EC's famous cherry ES-335 had the bridge saddles replaced with nylon examples). I mean, any of you who know vintage Fenders and aaw the original guitar up close should immediately have seen this. I'll be curious about this ...

Cheers,
AG (who won't be trading any of his original '50s Strats for a knockoff of the real thing <g>)