[Slowhand] Cream Whiskey Boot

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 16:31:00 EST 2006

Subject:
[Slowhand] Cream Whiskey boot
From:
Greg Wenker <gwornex at yahoo.com>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:37:22 -0800 (PST)

To:
slowhand <slowhand at planet-torque.com>

I'm suprised at the lack of buzz about the new Cream
boot thats surfaced from the 9-67 Whiskey agogo gig
thats on dimeadozen and other sites....Are there alot
of people here that don't do torrenting?? If so I may
run off some copies to start spreading this around....

----------------

Interestingly enough, the sound clips I posted from Poll #2 the other day, were from this recording, both the original and "remastered" versions now making the rounds.

Only 22 people voted overall - I'm not so sure I would consider that to be much of a "buzz" of excitement.

For those who did vote (1 whole SD member - wow), here are the results:

Sample #1 was the "Remastered" recording, and received 37% of the preference.

Sample #2 was the original Mid Valley release, and received 63% of the vote.

These results are illuminating (and not just to illustrate that not many people were interested enough in this nice Cream recording to listen to the clips and/or voice an opinion).

I wouldn't consider 37/63 to be a landslide vote either way. I can't say I knew what to expect, but I must admit that I thought the voting would skew one way or the other by a much larger margin. I do have my personal preference but I did *not* vote in the poll so as not to affect the results. One caveat about the results is of course that with these lossy samples in mp3 format, there is a loss of high frequency that may or may not mask the differences between the two. It would be interesting to do the same type poll, but with nonlossy sources and see if the results are any different.

I'm not done with polls on some of the different releases of the "Layla" album. One more poll to go on that one. A friend has pointed out what may be a flaw in how I arrived at the samples, so I will start another poll in the next day or so with samples that have been tweaked a bit in a very specific way (details AFTER the poll has closed).

More info / samples for the different Whisky a Go Go boot versions for those of you interested in such things:

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/cream-whiskey.htm

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/cream-whiskey-remastered.htm

Cheers,
AG