[Slowhand] Still here after all these years...

Fabio Dwyer downtownstreets at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:55:50 EST 2006

Hi people,

Fabio Dwyer, from Brazil, here for the last 7 years - except for a week away
because I called somebody names and Mr. Hillmann rightfully threw me away to
think about my bad boy attitude - great times, strong opinions... now I'm
older and a little bit wiser...

My 2 cents are: Slowhand-Digest went trough different phases - there were a
time when the real purpose of this group was to make new friends with a
common and strong interest. After that, the list was the main resource for
shows reviews, but as someone pointed, Where's Eric can do that better now.
It's still a great place to plan pre/after shows gatherings. So we went
trough a period where the list was almost exclusively a spot for trading
bootlegs and discussing new audio rip technologies, so it got way too
technical and generic, not really a place for Eric Clapton fans discuss his
music. There were a time where this list could be named "Where's Mark" and
then "Where's DeltaNick". We also had a period where this list became the "I
Hate Eric - He's Not God!" List. After that we got in a limbo, many
subscribers quit after all the Clapton bashing, etc.

My point is: Almighy Devault raised an interesting issue here: maybe it's
time to discuss the role for this group, or at least, to silently reflect
and maybe change some old habits towards it. Maybe just to try to bring new
ideas, like the SD bi-anual tribute cd, the MP3 of the week,
heads-on-a-stick, I don't know, all these stuff could sound silly, but
afterall, it's a list that we all love, it's a place where I can find my ole
buddies Ron Newark, James Fox, Andre Salles, where I can respectfully make
fun of DeltaNick, where I can curse on Greg Wrench - and he can curse on me
too:-), then got suspended and forgiven by Dave Hillmann, actually it's a
great cyberplace that I wouldn't like to see it fade away.

Let's bring new stuff, all of you who have cool EC sites could post your
updates - hey Thomas
Misfeldt, my brazilian-german friend, you have a great site over there! Tell
more about (in English or Portuguese, not only German, please!!!) Maybe
let's just balance better all the stuff above.

So that's it, I'm like a captain in this boat, I will keep playing (and
writing) while this thing remains floating, I'll sink together:-)

Cheers,
Fabio Dwyer

Conheça meu cd "Downtown Streets" (Blues)
Visite os sites: www.fabiodwyer.com.br e
www.buscamp3.com.br/fabiodwyer