[Slowhand] The List

Art Arias artaarias at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 13:18:27 EST 2006

Whoa...I just opened up my email this morning and thought someone died when I noticed all the messages from the SD. Thank goodness is wasn't no bad news but just Scott responding to the Almoody Ones recent disappointment with the Slowhand Digest and it's contents. I joined this list in 1999 after I had been corresponding by mail with Jon Mclean from Australia. Yeah, that's how we used to do it before the internet, but I was forced to learn how to use the computer after a work related accident in '97 and it literally opened my eyes. Here I thought I knew everything there was to know about music in general, but especially Eric Clapton until I joined this list. There were so many things I learned by first lurking about the earlier years with the Mayall and the Yardbirds that never interested me before. I didn't even buy my first EC related record until Creams Sunshine Of Your Love 45rpm single when I was 13 and played it to death along with the flip side SWLABR. Concert wise I missed all the 60's shows due to my not knowing any older friends that were into going to concerts that I could tag along with so it wasn't until 1971 I attended my first concert of Chicago, and there was no stopping me after that. I had to wait until '74 when EC finally decided to come back to the concert stage and have managed to see every tour of his that's passed through the L.A. area since then. This list has given me insight to many facts and information about ticket sales and guest appearances that I wouldn't have learned about until after the fact. It was here I learned EC was performing at the Armani private show in Hollywood that I went down to just hang out but managed to find myself inside and see a great upclose performace with the Jimmy Vaughn band as backup. I also got all the info on the Crossroads benefit show here and decided to make my first cross country journey to NYC and meet many of you at Niles before and after the show. I never thought I would be able to go to London to see the man perform but did and met more of you who also had friends back at home who thought you were crazy to fly overseas just for a concert. My ticket giveaways were fun and a way of meeting many more of you both in London and here in Los Angeles and it was because of this Digest I was able to get that done. Cream was the dream come true for many of us and as long as he's able to tour I'll be happy to hear him play as long as there's a couple of blues tunes in the set where he always puts his heart and soul into the solos. Can't wait to meet many more of you from this tour and on future tours and events. And so Mark, cheer down and enjoy it while you can :) Cheers!

Here we go...

Scott Wallenberg Boise, Idaho USA
Kristoffer S, Oslo, Norway
Kristian Frellsen, Denmark
Eileen, Blond Rocker, NYC, DC
Michael Gaffigan, Carrboro, North Carolina
David Gourlay from Ottawa, Ontario in Canada
Rene Aagaard, Alleroed, Denmark
Gary Girolimon, Bedford, NH USA
Tony Plowden richmond b.c.canada
Ron Newark, Fircrest, WA
Juan Manuel Fernández de Sosa, Madrid, Spain
Gerd Klaassen
Cliff "behindthesun", Omaha, NE USA
Debi Lindblade - Sacramento, California
James Vlahakis
Ron Ciul - Cincinnati Ohio
Camilla Baca, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Loraine Taylor, Chicago, IL. USA
Garret Fitzgerald, Black Cat Blues Band, Montclair, Virginia
Greg Hilker-Schmele, Worms, Germany
Steve Pope from Des Moines, Iowa
Elaine Drick – Lompoc, California
Phyllis, Mastic, NY
Eric Lacroix, (almost) Paris, France
James Sewell, Stomewall MB, Canada
Dave in Philly of The Mervel Dean Band
lia bartolomei lucca italia
Fabio Dwyer, from Brazil
James & Jackie Jackson Houston Texas
Kavin Blanton from Salem, Oregon
Jeanne Johnson - Huntingtown, MD
Tim Shipp, Evansville, IN
Nick Morris La Porte, Texas USA
Fabrice "bluesmaster",France
Debby Jones, Port St. Lucie, FL
Jane L. - DC
Kemp Honeycutt, Charlottesville VA, USA
C. Lafferty Kansas City MO
Ken Maksin Dallas, TX
Dennis Huibregtse, Ann Arbor MI
James Quarles, Ruston, LA
Bob Enfield Mt. Airy, NC
Greg Terry Paris, IL
Lauren R Blatt-Chicago, IL
Conan Kodama, Honolulu, HI
Dave McAffee Rochester NY
Richard Millard, Menlo Park, California
Noah Seidenberg
Danny Sandlin from Alabama
Elaine Zelmon Cincinnati OH
Jason Stewart, Tempe, AZ
Debbie / Boston MA
Chris "four61ob" Fields, Worcester Ma
Rick Wilcox, Bluffdale, Utah
andreas, germany
tony blak, windsor, ontario, canada, north america
Robert Zimmer, Herington, Kansas
Trevor Kempin, Perth, Western Australia
Cheryl Donatto, Humble, Texas
Phil Jones, UK
Stuart Cowie, Dalkeith, Scotland
Jim Guignard from Corona, California
Lisa 'ecbabe' Lindenhurst, New York
Julian - Virginia Beach, VA
Oivind H. - Oslo, Norway
Ann Davison in Maidstone, kent, England
Michael Sorensen, Escondido, California
Greg Timoteo - Sacramento, CA
Daniel Shearon Shelbyville, TN
Doris L Hendrick-Philadelphia, PA
Frank Borrelli Kelowna, British Columbia Canada
Lynn Steinhauer, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Stephen M Doherty
Tony Boulton, Dallas Fort Worth Texas
Garret