[Slowhand] Re- Roll Call update...100+ and still counting!

PETER GASKELL pgaskell at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 3 15:21:46 EST 2006

Scott Wallenberg asked
<Anybody else I've missed...please feel free to type in a number and add
it to the list.just for fun...I am not keeping this in any data base but
you never know you may get a note from me sometime if I am in your city
when EC comes to town!!!>

I’ll take 101 if you’d care to add me to your list, Scott, if it helps keep the SD going. You’re welcome to get in touch if you follow EC to Wales any time. It’s unlikely though as the only time he’s been here in the 30 years I’ve been here was to play the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff for Tsunami relief last year.
And yes, I’d just love to see him play in Wales with JJ Cale. Listening to ‘Road to Escondido’ as I write, there’s some wonderful stuff on the album - JJ is a master of his particular idiom, in the same way Robert Johnson was of his, I’d say. His songs sound effortless and simple but there’s a real delicacy to his playing and often so much going on subtly underneath. That is what appealed to EC circa 1970, no doubt, after he got tired playing those long jams with Cream, in which he confesses himself, Jack and Ginger weren’t listening much to what each other were playing!

Cheers

Pedr (Peter Gaskell), Wales

Oh and one digest per day is plenty..