[Slowhand] On this day in EC history ... December 8

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 10:03:42 EST 2006

On this day in EC history ...

Well, on this day EC didn't play any gigs, at least not from 1990-2003
which is all I have loaded into the computer <g>

SO, with only "1 degree of separation", we present for you a recording
that will likely be unfamiliar to many: the Derek Trucks band, live in
Ithaca, New York, on December 8, 1998:

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/abb/1998-12-08-trucks-haunt.htm

In another degree of Clapton-ness, it's also a version of a song EC has
performed many times, and it's also cool to hear yet another take on
this classic:

http://www.geetarz.org/tunez/12-08-trucks-ithaca-44.m4a

A note about .m4a files: these are MPEG4 files, also known as .aac
(Apple Audio Codec) to iPod users. They will play in iTunes (it's free),
and WinAmp (it's FREE).

I previously reported that the m4a files would play in Windows Media
Player and I was wrong - at least partially. They play fine on my
machines, WinXP running WMP 10, but the possibility exists that iTunes
or WinAmp have installed a CODEC that allows WMP10 to play the files.
I've heard from a few people that also have WMP10 that these do *not*
play with their version, so I'm not sure what is up with that.

In the meantime, enjoy a great tune!

Cheers,
AG