[Slowhand] Grammy's

Garret74 at aol.com Garret74 at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 17:23:17 EST 2006

well it kind of did.
EC was on Sam Moore's CD and Sam was nominated.
I don't know the Grammy rules (like I know the Oscars and Golden Globes),
but I think I read on another EC site that Road to Escondido came out too
late...Could be?
blond rocker'

Okay, before you say it, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, and I d=
on't expect much from the Grammy people. After all, aren't these the peop=
le who awarded Jethro Tull a heavy metal award some years ago, and, as I =
recall, Ian Anderson was too embrassed by the fiasco to even show up to c=
laim his prize. I did think, however, among Clapton & JJC, Knopfler & ELH=
arris and Dylan (ferchrisakes), at least one freeking nomination would co=
me! Jeeeez!
Disgusted in Danville (Mel)

I don't know if it came out too late or not, but not giving a nod to Dylan
or Emmylou and Knopfler is disgraceful...

And as good as those albums are, Escondido is better! And JJ Cale has been
overlooked for so long it's just unbelievable to me. I really think artists
like JJ Cale have to be rewarded for a lifetime of great playing and writing...

It seems all the Academy cares about anymore is Rap....I guess they feel
they have to be 'hip and cool' to save the corrupt music corporate
conglomerations. The record companies are probably going to die soon, and you know what-
they deserve to.

Garret