[Slowhand] That Crappy Pilgrim Album

Bbanderic at aol.com Bbanderic at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 12:54:57 EST 2006

> Mini-epiphnay 1:

> Is there ANY Clapton related studio LP release that is better than the

live

> performances?

If I had to choose one it would be Derek and the Dominoes - LAOALS. This
album is a masterpiece and as far as EC studio recordings go, it's the one I
pull out the most, by a mile!

> Mini-epiphany 2:

> Am I liking Clapton for all the wrong reasons?

Not at all. Music grabs people in different ways. Especially with EC who
plays so many different styles, and does it well. You have your crowd that
likes only the pre-1970's stuff, who swear he hasn't played with the same fire
since, I strongly disagree. You also have those folks who like the more
"POP" oriented stuff (August, Pilgrim, Change the World). With EC there's
something for everyone.