[Slowhand] EC Was Where? December 17

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 09:30:36 EST 2006

On this day in 1998, EC attended a special event billed as "A Very
Special Christmas From Washington, D.C." in honor of the 30th
Anniversary of the Special Olympics, held at the White House in
Washington D.C.

Amazingly, the event was allowed to proceed and no nutjobs from the ACLU
or other similar groups tried to disrupt or block the concert because of
the dreaded word "Christmas" being used in relation to public property.
I'm sure that if a similar event were held today, it would be "A Very
Special environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
nonaddictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with
respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of
others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions
at all". <g>

The event was broadcast and a CD was later released containing
highlights of the evening, titled "A Very Special Christmas - Live".
Consider buying this stocking stuffer for the Claptomaniacs on your gift
list, and I was under the impression that profits go to charity which is
another great reason to pick up one copy or ten!

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Special-Christmas-Live/dp/B000028TVC/sr=8-5/qid=1166364518/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5/002-1782856-2663225?ie=UTF8&s=music

This from the DigiSat broadcast of the event:

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/121798-01.html

http://www.geetarz.org/tunez/12-17-tears.mp3

Kudos to those blown away by Joe Bonamassa's performance of "Had to Cry
Today". This was from a live concert DVD included for FREE with the "So,
It's Like That" release in 2002. Trust me, that DVD was the DVD of *the
year* and is essential viewing. Some audio portions of the DVD were
later released on CD as "A New Day Yesterday - Live" but the CD version
is incomplete. The clip I presented was from the raw, unedited
soundboard feed from that evening.

Joe's a hell of a player, and as an added bonus (we all know how rare
this is) a super nice guy and very fan friendly. Check it out at:

http://jbonamassa.com/

Cheers,
AG