[Slowhand] Boos in Shanghai

Patrick Tuller PtTuller at charter.net
Fri Jan 26 12:21:02 EST 2007

This is no real surprise and I'm sure that this is the reason that
EC's been rigid in his setlists for so long. The casual "fans" who
come to see him only know what's played on the radio and think that
they should be able to dictate the material in the show.

From what I remember hearing, Eric was also booed during the NBTB
tour since he didn't play hits. Now he decides to start mixing it up
by bringing back some classics, and he gets flayed alive for it. The
"tourists" would like nothing more than to hear just multiple
arrangements of "Wonderful Tonight" at every show.

Patrick