[Slowhand] Sacramento Review

Richard Millard millard_richard at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 14:28:30 EDT 2007

Went to see the show in Sacramento last night - first without Derek Trucks - and it was GREAT.

Same setlist as LA and Anaheim, with Doyle doing a nice job on some of the slide parts in Tell the Truth, etc - I actually like his slide tone and taste better than DT's. The other members picked up the DT solos - Doyle a couple, Tim Carmon a couple, and EC MUCH more. It was great to hear more EC lead work. I don't think the band lost a bit - maybe even improved.

Those of you who have tickets to see a show on the remainder of the tour are in for a real treat - and you shouldn't feel as if you've missed out on anything.