[Slowhand] Slowhand Digest, Vol 9, Issue 124

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 21 17:43:09 EDT 2007

yes, that is exactly why i was even MORE disappointed than i would have been if i hadnt seen the charlotte show with derek first. i had my hopes up of more EC guitar heroics with one less guitarist on stage, and it was just the opposite of what i expected - kind of a "double downer" so to speak.....

so this leads me to the next question: anyone who went to both columbus (which was supposedly a great show) and an earlier "derek show", which did you prefer?

l8r
sammy
I've been reading through this discussion and it seems that the
majority of people who saw EC with Derek Trucks in the band and after DT left, preferred the show with DT in the band. I would have thought the opposite, figured one less guitarist in the band would give EC more opportunity to play and shine....assuming more of the "lead guitar" role and less of the "band leader" role... but reading through the comments, this doesn't seem to be the case. It sounds like the Detroit show was a bit of a downer.