[Slowhand] Winwood/Clapton

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Mon May 21 06:03:50 EDT 2007

It seemed that everything happened in halves on Saturday night.

My broadband connection (what a joke) allowed me to view and listen to
half of each verse of each song.

Half of Blind Faith were represented.

They did half the songs from the Blind Faith album.

The performance and solos were half-hearted attempts.

Nothing was half as good as the Cream reunion.

I neglected to write down the names of the band members, and half recall
the they may have been:

Eric Clapton - Guitar & Vocals

Steve Winwood - Organ, Guitar & Vocals

Jose Neto - Guitar

Paul Booth -Organ & Sax

Davide Giovannini - Drums

Karl Vanden Bossche - Percussion

... but that may be a half-truth.

Does anyone know the name of the first song Eric and Steve performed -
you know, the one with the half-inaudible vocals?

The Steve Winwood website is not half as informative as it could be.

To top it all, we had an announcer at the end of it all saying, "What a
great performance that was...", whereas half the crowd were seen
dispersing halfway through the final number.

Will I spend half a month's salary flying to the US to see this lot in
July? Not half friend! not half!

Just my half cent worth.

Kevin

DISCLAIMER:
Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of arivia.kom is proprietary to arivia.kom. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Any unauthorized dissemination or copying of this e-mail (or any attachment to this e-mail) or the wrongful disclosure of the information herein contained is prohibited.