[Slowhand] To hell with the begrudgers

Paddy finglas at finglas.karoo.co.uk
Sun May 27 12:33:37 EDT 2007

Oh God here we go again, seems to me that Clapton suffers from the same
affliction as David Beckham.

Beckham is a gorgeous looking fella with a real eye for publicity BUT he is
also a remarkable soccer player.

Watching him play, even in a poor game, is usually a joy because he is an
artist with the ball at his feet.

There are things he cant do so well but one free kick a game, one corner
kick which finds the spot or a fifty metre pass can make it all worthwhile.

Same with EC, he cant play jazz, he doesnt bend it like Jeff Beck, hes not
Joe Banamarama or whatever hes called.

SO FREAKIN WHAT?

Both of them seem to be hated and loved in equal measure, and I dont get it.

Hes EC, I love to hear him play rhythm guitar as well as lead because he has
a touch, a feeling, an artistry and YES sometimes like Beckham he coasts,
he's bored, distracted etc blah blah yak yak yadda yadda.

Let's enjoy him and Beckham while we can, warts and all!

Jon
UK