[Slowhand] London Sights for Joey Jay

Richard Millard millard_richard at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 15:25:45 EDT 2007

Somebody in London may have other ideas, but here are a few historical notes:

1. Abbey Road Studios, 3 Abbey Road, St Johns Wood, London NW8 9AY

It's not open to the public, but you can have a look at the outside and maybe find the famous zebra crossing. There's also a virtual tour online.

2. Rainbow Theatre, 232-236 Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, London

This is now a church and I don't know about access.

3. Marquee Club, 90 Wardour Street, Soho, London.
Not sure what’s there now but there are still lots of bars and clubs in Soho. The Marquee Club has moved around a bit and was in Leicester Square as of a few years ago, but the Wardour Street location was the spot in the late 60s and 70s.

4. Railway Hotel, 100 West End Lane, LONDON, NW6 2LU.

The site of the "Klooks Kleek" concerts. This was a Rat and Parrott pub the last time I was up there.

Hope your friend enjoys her trip