[Slowhand] Jessica Simpson and Patti Harrison-Clapton FUNNY TANGENT?

James Vlahakis jvlahakis at hinshawlaw.com
Mon Jul 2 12:21:43 EDT 2007

Ok, I'll say it, I've been lurking for months but I'm going to go off on a
tangent.

While I like Mayer's work and think he's a fine guitarist, I lost a tiny
amount of respect for him to know he was dating that talentless star
Jessica Simpson. Then I thought about it, you can't judge a guy by one
person he dated. In fact, when it comes to Clapton, Patti Harrison is
best known for being a model and having a bit part in A Hard Day's Night
or was it Help (where she met George Harrison.

Now I am not slamming her as being akin to Jessica Simpson, but come on
people, if people judged EC by who he dated, he would have retired by now!
We have media saturation today with stars and starlets, we get exposed to
the silliness of people like Jessica Simpson. Would someone really have
said Clapton "sucks" in the 70s simply if Patti had be tabloid fodder? I
doubt it!

I plan on going to see Mayer on the 4th so if any of you want to meet up
let me know via e-mail.

Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is an Illinois registered limited liability
partnership that has elected to be governed by the Illinois Uniform
Partnership Act (1997).

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication
is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to
applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not
deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and if
you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose the contents or take
any action in reliance upon the information contained in this
communication or any attachments.</p>