[Slowhand] Hotels in Chicago

Dale.Kalina at rrd.com Dale.Kalina at rrd.com
Mon Jul 23 18:45:10 EDT 2007

Saturday night is Venetian Night in Chicago - boats, fireworks, etc., on
the lakefront. A 50 year tradition with big crowds. Not sure if that is
the reason, but a quick look at Expedia shows most of the affordable hotels
in the Loop area (and a lot of other hotels) are sold out for Saturday.
I can't speak for the Midway Airport area hotels, but the vicinity has
always appeared less than desirable to me. You may want to look at
southwest suburban locations (along I-55 or I-294) if you have a car or try
your luck on Priceline or Hotwire for a discount on a city hotel.
Otherwise you may be looking at $300+ a night for a Loop hotel.

Dale