[Slowhand] compilation of killer solos

James Vlahakis jvlahakis at hinshawlaw.com
Mon Aug 20 18:02:06 EDT 2007

I just pulled out a mediocre sounding boot from 1978 called "wonderful
night" and halfway into this show EC just nails the solo on Double
Trouble. I also listened to another killer solo on Same Old Blues on an
1985 boot called "Chicago No Bad Blues."

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting together a multi-disc compilation of the
best solos over the years. Sound quality will be a secondary
consideration with the quality of the performance being the emphasis.
Here's my problem, I have so many boots that it will take me months to go
through them all to pick out the best solos. Does everyone want to toss
in their opinions? Maybe I can put together a list that identifies the
ones that get consistently picked.

As noted above, I was not really into the 1978 show until I heard Double
Trouble. I guess that means that we all should dust off so of the less
than great shows and try to determine if we missed something!

Could anyone help me with this project? I'm about to take a vacation soon
and I will be swamped before and after I return (I know, don't complain,
its a vacation). This might be a fun project for all of us to work on. If
this gets too big for me, it might make sense to have people focus on
certain decades. Rather than go through all of my boots, I may try to
focus on the 70s and trust someone else to pick other decades. While
Mark's website is great as he mentions certain standout songs and shows,
it may not hep us if he simply says "this show is on fire." I/we need to
know which particular song was "totally on fire."

-James

Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is an Illinois registered limited liability
partnership that has elected to be governed by the Illinois Uniform
Partnership Act (1997).

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication
is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to
applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not
deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and if
you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose the contents or take
any action in reliance upon the information contained in this
communication or any attachments.</p>