[Slowhand] Another Cream Show

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Fri Sep 7 03:30:03 EDT 2007

You're on the wrong side of 27 Nov.

RAH Farewell performances were on 26 Nov 1968.

What's the significance of 39 years and 1 day? Sounds like a strange
anniversary to me.

Looking at the 2005 shows in retrospective, it took them 3 days to
perform at peak in London and 2 days in New York. Would they be going
all out for 1 day this year. This aside from moods and tensions.

"I don't think we'll ever get over to them. People will always listen
with biased ears; look through unbelieving eyes and with preconceived
ideas, remembering what we used to be, and so on. The only way to combat
this is to present them with as many facets of your music as is
possible." - Eric Clapton, Melody Maker, 8 October 1966

Kevin