[Slowhand] Fantasy Venue

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 03:33:46 EST 2007

> Aaah, one of the Crawdaddy Clubs, best described as an archetypical 'pub

> back room', a tiny, smoky, dimly-lit venue, with no windows and a two-foot

> high stage crammed into the corner.

Yes Kevin,

"A bit of nostalgia for the old folks" as FZ would say.

As Eric has been revisiting old bands and friends in the last few years -
Cream /Mayall / Winwood, BB. King / J.J. Cale, I thought why not some of the
old venues.
It seemed apt to start in Croydon where Eric was recorded live for the very
first time way back on 7th December 1963.
Just two songs backing Sonny Boy Williamson , a quick reference recording
for Horst Lipman before the BIG GIG.

DeltaNick, would you care to add some further details (or corrections)

Is Giorgio Gomelsky still with us? He certainly knew how to showcase a
band. The San Remo Song Festival with a song which epitomised what The
Yardbirds were all about......Questa Volta.

Now, back to The Other Side Of The Mirror.

Tone
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7:11 PM