[Slowhand] keith urban (no ec content)

Sam Mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 18 23:53:25 EST 2007

Saw him last week and was utterly entertained to the fullest (Kenny chesney
entertainer of the year my a**)! He put on a 2.5 hour show, and played some
pretty flashy guitar (he is more of a rocker than a country artist). If you
want to check him out, there is a special on CMT (country music television)
airing this month called "Keith Urban: Invitation Only". It is sort of an
"unplugged type show". At least check out when he plugs in at the 15 and 42
minute marks, I believe anyone who appreciates guitar will enjoy it.

I only knew half his songs that they play on my wife's radio, but the rest
that I didn't know were very good as well. He did a guitar solo in the
middle of the show, quoting famous riffs such as "smoke on the water",
"sweet home Alabama", "stairway to heaven", and "walk this way". He had a
stage in the middle of the floor (ala the Stones last couple tours) where
the band did a 6 song set. Encores were billy joel's "you may be right",
steve miller's "the joker", and the eagles "take it easy". Outstanding
hi-def video screen, light show, etc., one of the top 10 shows I have seen
over a 25 year career of seeing live concerts!

He will be doing a tour starting 1/31 with carrie underwood that is only
hitting 24 cities (I am targeting atlantic city since the inlaws live
there). His new album (18 Kids, a greatest hits) comes out Tuesday, so I
would recommend picking up a copy when you get your Eric Clapton Crossroads
Chicago DVD that comes out that day as well (my EC head on a stick is
featured throughout from the 3rd row center)!

L8r
Sambo#8