[Slowhand] Crossroads Festival 2007 DVD - Best Buy Bonus Disc

Bbanderic at aol.com Bbanderic at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 21:59:35 EST 2007

Picked up the CGF 2007 DVD today, Best Buy Exclusive version. Just a couple
observations to pass along....

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the DVD's have two audio tracks,
LPCM and DTS. Unlike the CGF 2004 DVD, this 2007 set includes lossless
LPCM stereo audio, this should bode very well for those folks who would like to
rip the audio to non-compressed CD quality, YES!!!!

The bonus DVD only has 1 audio track, lossless LPCM, no DTS track. Again
great for ripping to CD.

One negative to point out on the bonus DVD, I watched WDLGTBSS and I noticed
that EC's guitar is VERY low in the mix on the guitar interplay portion of
the song between EC and Derek Trucks, almost to the point where you can't hear
it , this is very disappointing, kind of ruins the best part of the song.
For those who have the DVD bootleg version (EC set), EC's guitar is up front
in the mix and clearly audible. Compare that with the Best Buy bonus DVD
version and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jon