[Slowhand] Now Everyone's going to want one!

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 22 12:40:50 EST 2007

the most i was ever offered for a head on a stick is $15! $5 is probably a good price point, but i would NEVER sell them. i often do go to the concession stands holding up a head and ask them "do you have any more of these to sell?", and everyone has a chuckle.

my friends and i have been making them for various artists since the early 90's, and are a hit wherever we go. i have signed ones from tom jones, buddy guy, nathan east, david lee roth, eddie money, and robert randolph. i still need to get my doyle and EC (the "holy grail") ones signed.

i don't know if i could have copyrighted the concept years ago, but i know for sure i was ripped off by the ESPN sports talk show "Pardon the Interruption", which has a stable of sports stars heads on sticks in the background of their set, and do a segment called "Role Play" where they hold them in front of the camera!

l8r
sammy

slowhand at planet-torque.com