[Slowhand] Crossroads DVD / Easter Eggs ?

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Fri Nov 23 08:57:55 EST 2007

Slowhanders,

Does anyone yet know if an Easter Egg is lurking within the DVD set? If so, I hope its Pearly Queen !!!

I concur regarding the WDLHTBSS Derek/Eric interplay. Both guitars should have been prominent in the mix. That would have been delicious. I just don't understand how that slipped through the cracks because it was all captured beautifully. The ball was dropped in the mixing. How sad !!! And as meticulous as Eric is, I would think that would be screened more closely from somebody !!!

Most everything else is positive. Presence of the Lord (a song in my personal all-time top 10) comes alive vocally and instrumentally in this commercial release. I have waited many years to see Eric play this live again. And then to see it played live with Steve Winwood was a dream come true.

Dear Mr. Fantasy is just amazing.

Where's Pearly Queen ?!?!?!?

In traditional spirit of Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for having attended this event and then to see it released.

Joey Jay