[Slowhand] BBDD

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lands.nsw.gov.au
Wed Nov 28 20:35:48 EST 2007

While I am certainly sympathetic towards those US fans who have gone to
the extra trouble and expense to buy the so-called bonus editions of
this package, and so far received nothing, there is a part of me that is
delighted that this has occurred. Outside of America, the rest of us
have little chance of obtaining these bonus releases officially, so in
one sense justice is being served.

Now I realize this comment will no doubt receive indignant responses
from those of you who have so far been short-changed in your purchases,
but I feel very annoyed that Clapton's people have permitted such
blatantly discriminatory deals to be struck in the first place. I do
hope those affected all complain bitterly to the stores and to Warners
and perhaps this kind of rubbish will not be arranged by the Clapton
camp in the future.
Sadly the economics of the world dictate that it probably will.

The most astonishing thing is that this sort of marketing indirectly
encourages piracy, something the record companies are always moaning
about. Other than US Best Buy and Target stores potentially increasing
their sales, I can see no other benefit in this sort of exercise at all.
OK, I've had my rant.......

Cheers,
Jon