[Slowhand] South Bank Show

Nathan Lovett nathanlovett at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 12:40:34 EST 2007

I agree and think it was a missed opportunity. The
first show covered Clapton's career up to 1987 very
well and this new one would have been more interesting
as a companion piece (focusing on the last 20 years up
to the present) instead of largely rehashing the
original show.

The 60s and 70s have been covered countless times
already - instead it would have been nice to have
heard more about the Cream reunion in 2005 - or
something about his future plans etc etc.

The show ended up feeling a bit like a shallow plug
for the autobiography and latest 'best of' in time for
the Christmas season.