[Slowhand] Rory G. is music is the stuff Clapton should be cranking out

KB4IUJ at aol.com KB4IUJ at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 17:28:04 EST 2007

Hard edge stuff... He needs to return to his roots, not to the seed (Robert
Johnson).

But, I doubt like you - if Clapton has it in him the vision... Actually, if
that guy would go to his local airport and ask the local airport manager if he
could get some of those yellow foam ear plugs - and get some education on
how to put those things in correctly. He could find that edge again, he once
found when he was a young man. Wonder if he's ever thought about jamming
with some young men... That's got all that energy - spark which will translate
in to a new album.

I know my Nephew out in Tucson plays this head banger stuff. Last time I
talked with my brother he said it's a phase he'll grow out of. Ya know, these
are also the chaps that Clapton needs to really be mentoring to as well.

Imagine if Clapton had somebody who in his youth he could have talked to.
Could have saved him a lot of grief - a whole lot of money too. Course, one
has to wonder if Clapton was a know it all. Which is why he did it his way.
Wonder how he's doing with his daughters ? Are they going to be musicians
as well ?

No doubt, Fender has those hello Mr. Kitty models. Wonder what kind of
music there going to play and what the name of there band will be ?

The older Clapton gets the less chance that guy is going to have in really
creating a whiz bang guitar tune like Layla, lets hope he starts cultivating a
really rad ablum which will leave those other british rockers in awe of
Clapton which can make that translation into a whole new sphere.

And reproject himself. This crossroads stuff is no doubt fun, but really
not all that original.
That guy still needs to be pushed and with the right amount of exercise
which will reduce stress and get his energy levels back up to par.

I'll bet Clapton could play like Rory if he just practiced once in a while,
imagine if some youth today saw an old guy like that playing that stuff, he'd
create a whole new fan base in seconds flat. I challenge Clapton to create
two albums that will blow the doors off anything coming from the likes of
Led Zepplin or the Who.

I wonder if Steve Winwood is up for this task as well... Can you imagine
if they play something so radical at the MSG show ? No doubt, they had best
be recording those show and of course make them into live albums.

You know these Crossroad DVD's, they should be atleast charging $50.00 real
fans would pay it and not complain.